Inclement Weather Policy
I AM 3RD staff actively monitors regional weather conditions prior to, and during all I AM 3RD events. For weather conditions occurring prior to event times, a message will be posted on the sport-specific "home page" as soon as a decision has been made to play, postpone, and/or cancel the event.
For soccer, the decision to play, postpone, and/or cancel practices and games will be made by 3:30 PM on weekdays and 8:30 AM on Saturdays.
Each individual is ultimately responsible for their personal safety and has the right to take appropriate action when threatened by bad weather. Adults must take responsibility for the safety of children in their care during weather events.
I am 3rd Weather Policies:
- I am 3rd will make every attempt to alert all families of cancelled practices or games in a timely manner.
- Practices/ Games will be postponed or cancelled due to dangerous weather, excessive water on the fields, LCA closes the fields or when the temperature is less than 40 degrees.
- Coaches should always err on the side of caution about the conditions.
- Coaches may cancel a practice based on their own concerns about weather or safety. Practices/ Games must be delayed by 30 minutes each time lightening is seen or thunder is heard.
- The decision to cancel a game on-site is determined by the I am 3rd Staff Site Director at each location.